Monday, July 28, 2008

No Sugar Please




I've been on a no sugar diet off and on for quite a few years. It all started when I started following the Sugar Busters diet to lose weight. I did lose weight several years ago (about 20 pounds), but I have put that weight back on. Now I just avoid obvious things with sugar. It would be impossible to avoid all sugar. Sugar is in many things.


There are several reasons why I am back to avoiding sugar, though I don't follow the other components of the Sugar Buster diet.


l. The most important reason is because I feel better when I don't eat sugar.


2. I want to avoid having Type 2 diabetes. My glucose levels have been slightly elevated from time to time. When I avoid sugar, my levels stay below 100.


3. If I start eating sugar again, I seem to go overboard.

Here are some excellent reasons to limit sugar:
Maybe this will convince someone else to try limiting sugar!

1 comment:

ellen said...

I think limiting sugar is a very good idea. I admire your discipline.